1. Always start the design brief with “I am going to design and make .....”. This is followed by a general description of the type of device you feel will answer the design problem. 2. Do not be too specific. The brief should be a general description that allows you flexibility regarding the type of product you intend to make. 3. Do not be specific about materials. It may be wise to avoid stating the exact materials it will be manufactured from (eg. pine, steel, etc...). Instead describe the materials to be used as strong, tough, flexible, natural, recycled, water-proof or similar general descriptions. 4. Mention points such as; safety, general size, what it will do (it’s functions), general properties of the materials needed, who it is for (eg children), basic cost of manufacture or a lower and upper cost limits and other points you feel are important. A design brief is a written explanation, given t...
For the product assessment, I have asked 4 people to write a short paragraph stating what was good and bad about my film and what I could change. I did this not only because the brief requires it but out of personal interest to see what people made of my film. I was very intrigued by what they thought of it and not for them to just say 'good' but go into detail and perhaps pick my film apart. This method has definitely proven worthy in the past as I have had much feedback on previous short films explaining not only what was wrong but why it was wrong which helped me learn a great deal about me as a director and learn a lot more about my film. I have learned many valuable lessons such as; 'Always keep your target audience in mind' and 'keep the camera work as smooth as possible if it's a crucial scene.' It is things like this that teach me and allow me to be a better director in the future. I definitely did keep my target audience in mind while making th...
This is my evaluation on achieving my dreams and others opinion along with my own. As you can see above a lot of belief is riding my way and there are lots who can second that. Many along with myself think my dream of becoming a Film director is achievable.
Comments
Post a Comment